Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beach Wedding Cake

So I made a Beach Wedding cake for two reasons. 1: Because I love the beach 2: Because it seems many more people are getting married on the beach. It only made sense.
Making this cake was an experiment for me since I have never made something like this before. I spent hours making coral, starfish, sand dollars, sea shells, and more. All unventured territory. I ended up liking the shells and sand dollars probably the best. 


Tip #1: for making each of these shapes... have plenty of patience, oh, especially for making the lawn chairs. Was that time consuming. 

I did have a blast making this cake. It was fun to use my creativity to think of different ways to give the beach/ sea life feel. Aside from the cake form inside, the entire thing is edible, so imagine the fun someone would have actually getting a cake like this with a real cake inside. 


Tip #2: Look for things around your house that you can use as forms. You'll have to make sure they are clean for use with food, but be creative.  You can either use something for a texture or use it for it's shape. Be careful for some things as the fondant or gum paste may still too well to it and you'll have a hard time getting it back off. 


 So off to think of what the next design will be.. I'm thinking something using hot pink and lime green. That should be fun. I'll post it when I'm done. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment